Many people tell me they'd like to drink enough water
every day, but they just don't like the taste or believe that lugging a bottle of water around all day is inconvenient. Do you do anything special to get yourself to drink enough water every day? Share Your Tips
More than enough
- I drink 12oz. of warm water as soon as i wake up each day. After I have my 16 oz. of coffee from a local coffee shop, I refill the cup with hot water throughout the day and carry it with me wherever i go.
- —Guest Sandi
Keep a bottle with you at Work/College
- I always keep a 40 Oz bottle with me at work and i keep drinking the water from it sip by sip every 5-10 mins. In a couple of hours or so I end up emptying the bottle. I refill the bottle asap and follow the same routine. During my office hours I dring about 100-120 Oz daily and then another 30-50 Oz when I am at home. In total I end up drinking about 150 Oz daily.
- —Guest Aman Srivastava
- I keep a gallon jug at my desk that I refill at work. We have reverse osmosis filters there, so I'm able to bring that water home. Drinking quality water is more than enough to make you want it more often. I never drank enough until I started working here. Now, I refill my jug every day and just fill a water bottle from there.
- —Guest Steve
8 glasses of water - the easy way!
- 1 glass when you get up and brush your teeth; 1 glass with breakfast; 1 glass mid-morning;1 glass at lunch; 1 glass mid-afternoon; 1 glass with dinner; 1 glass in the evening; 1 glass at bedtime! Works for me! :-)
- —Guest Nanci
drinking enough water
- I fill up sports bottles and put them in the refrigerator. When I empty one, I replace it with another. I, also, carry one with me wherever I go. I use bottle slings that I found at Target. They come in two sizes for small and large bottles and takes away the sweat of the bottle. I, also, only use water when I take medication and drink while making meals.
- —Guest Anna
- What I have done in my household is to make a game out of drinking water. All of our name are on a dry erase board. We tally up how much water we drink for the day and see who has won. The winner gets to watch the rest of us make dinner and wash dishes :)
- —Guest nikyjae
- I downloaded water your body app reminds you through out the day to drink water!
- —Guest Tei
Back in sight, back in mind
- I used to keep a soda can within reach on my desk all the time... I'd sip it while I read or work. Now I keep my 32oz bottle on my desk instead. As it turns out, the water is just as satisfying as soda ever was; I drink 3 or 4 liters a day without thinking about it.
- —Guest Shelby
It's all about flavor
- They make all different flavors in many different ways and brands Powder packets liquid packs even sugar free watermelon orange lemon lime cherry cranberry strawberry grape fruit punch you name it they have it powder packets are easy to put in a purse or pocket even in a desk drawer cherry is my favorite my kid's love grape and they don't cost much
- —Guest Um...
- I drink a full glass of water with breakfast. Then I drink a bottle of water in every class and refill between classes in one day I get at least 2.5L plus whatever I drink during my workout every other day(500-750mL).
- —Guest Jordan Elaine
- at night i place a previously 20oz bottle of water at my bedside. When I get up in the morning that's the first thing I do is drink it. I exercise 30 min later then drink another 20 to 30oz depending on the workout. then every hr while I'm at work I drink 5 to ten then go walking after work and drink whatever else I have to drink. If you get yourself in a strict routine every day itll be just as easy as showering every morning.
- —Guest connie
- I carry a 64 oz jug and usually drink 1 +1/2. I started watching my water intake 15 years ago when I was consistently not feeling good. At that time I was doing good to drink one glass a day, it was awful! Once I started drinking at least 8 glasses a day, I started feeling better. Bottom line: water is a necessity, so don't allow yourself to make excuses as to why you can't drink it (tastes blah, don't have time, etc..), and just do it! Coffee is an acquired taste, beer and wine, they are an acquired taste as well and yet most Americans consume too much of them. Quit with the excuses and just make it apart of who you are!
- —Guest Liz
- I have a reverse osoisms water purifier under the kitchen sink. The filters need to be replaced every six months. I absolutely love it. I don't think health conscious Americans drink out of the tap any more. According to the Environmental Working Group, my city has the #9 worst tap water in America!!exile
- —Guest MZy8JYHHIrO
- What I've found is using Mio to add some flavor if you don't like the taste of water. I've started using it and am up to 3-4 liters a day.
- —Guest Annje
- I went from soda/sweet iced coffee/sweet iced tea to just water... and lots of it. Grab a sports bottle, like 32oz and fill it with fresh cold water, chuck in a couple of lemon and/or lime slices for a little flavor if you so wish, and you're golden.. You'll drink like a fish! One in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening or whenever you do your workout. It's easier than you might think.
- —Guest Smiz