What First Motivated Me To Eat Healthier
I had gradual weight gain.
What Motivates Me To Eat Healthier Now
Constant reading about the effects of foods on the body keeps me motivated to eat healthy. I just can't bring myself to eat something when I know it will cause harmful effects to my body. Also, because I have been eating healthy for such a long time, the junk food and unhealthy fare don't taste or smell good to me any more! Just like cigarettes smell good to someone who smokes, but terrible to someone who doesn't!
I also train for triathlon, and eating junk really does affect how I feel and perform.
- Keep reading about the latest effects of various foods on the body.
- Time after time research is proving the benefits of eating lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains.
- Time after time research is showing the negative effects of sugar, white flour and fatty cuts of meat and/or fried foods.
- Don't keep junk in the house. Don't buy it! Pretend it does not exist.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store and nix packaged pre-made foods.