How Diet Affects Your Health
- Diet and Your Heart
- Diet and Diabetes
- Foods and Other Health Conditions
- Nutrition and Children
- Diet and Aging
Diet and Your Heart
Heart problems, along with other cardiovascular conditions, can be affected by the foods you eat. Learn how the right choices can help protect your heart.
- Can I Take Omega-3 Supplements Instead of Eating Fish?
- Dark Chocolate and Heart Health
- Is Sea Salt Better Than Regular Table Salt?
- Top Foods For Your Heart
- What Are The Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Diet and Diabetes
Living with diabetes requires some dietary and lifestyle changes. I've got articles to help you get started.
- What is a Consistent Carbohydrate Diet?
- Do Diabetics Have to Follow a Low-Carb Diet?
- Is the Glycemic Index Helpful for Diabetics?
- How Much Sugar Can a Diabetic Have?
- How Much Protein Should a Diabetic Eat?
- Should Diabetics Use Artificial Sweeteners?
- Will Fiber Help with Diabetes?
- Will Losing Weight Help with Diabetes?
- Should I See a Diabetes Educator for Help with My Diet?
- Gastroparesis Diet
Foods and Other Health Conditions
Eating a healthy diet may help to prevent some health conditions from occurring. If you are already ill, making dietary changes may improve how you feel. Learn about how the foods you eat can impact various health conditions and disorders.
- Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Foods and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Does Milk Help a Peptic Ulcer?
- Favorite Healing Foods
- Foods and Eye Health
- Foods That May Prevent Cancer
- Is Eating Late at Night Bad Bad For Your Health?
- What Is a Gluten-Free Diet?
- What is the PKU Diet?
- Eat Right To Prevent Colds and Flu
- Eating Yogurt for Vaginal Yeast Infections -- Not Enough Evidence
Nutrition and Children
Good nutrition is important for normal childhood growth and development and following a balanced diet (including a good breakfast) may help kids do better in school. Here are some articles to help you feed your kids a good diet, whether they happily eat their vegetables or not.
- Back To School Nutrition
- Can Hotdogs Cause Brain Tumors?
- Hating Vegetables May Be Genetic
- Healthy After-School Snacks For Teens
- Introduce Your Child To Cooking
Diet and Aging
As the body ages, nutritional needs change and sometimes eating good foods isn't as easy as it once was. Elderly people who are alone may not eat as well as they should and maybe it's more difficult to chew or swallow. Following a healthy diet is an important part of aging gracefully, so here's some help.