How Diet Affects Your Health
By Shereen Jegtvig, About.com Guide
Diet and Your Heart
Heart problems, along with other cardiovascular conditions, can be affected by the foods you eat. Learn how the right choices can help protect your heart.
- Can I Take Omega-3 Supplements Instead of Eating Fish?
- Dark Chocolate and Heart Health
- Is Sea Salt Better Than Regular Table Salt?
- Top Foods For Your Heart
- What Are The Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Foods and Other Health Conditions
Eating a healthy diet may help to prevent some health conditions from occurring. If you are already ill, making dietary changes may improve how you feel. Learn about how the foods you eat can impact various health conditions and disorders.
- Foods and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Foods That May Prevent Cancer
- Is Eating Late at Night Bad Bad For Your Health?
- What Is a Gluten-Free Diet?
Nutrition and Children
Good nutrition is important for normal childhood growth and development and following a balanced diet (including a good breakfast) may help kids do better in school. Here are some articles to help you feed your kids a good diet, whether they happily eat their vegetables or not.
- Back To School Nutrition
- Can Hotdogs Cause Brain Tumors?
- Hating Vegetables May Be Genetic
- Healthy After-School Snacks For Teens
- Introduce Your Child To Cooking
Diet and Aging
As the body ages, nutritional needs change and sometimes eating good foods isn't as easy as it once was. Elderly people who are alone may not eat as well as they should and maybe it's more difficult to chew or swallow. Following a healthy diet is an important part of aging gracefully, so here's some help.