Almost everybody likes to eat a snack now and then. When you eat healthy snacks
, you can add great nutrition to your diet and fend off the hunger pangs until dinner. The best snacks are low in calories, but high in fiber and other nutrients. Add a bit of protein to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. What's your favorite healthy snack? Share Your Favorite Snack
- I don't remember my moethr ever telling me that. Of course, she always told me to clean my plate, there were starving people in China. (It was the 50s.) That is why, to this day, I feel guilty when I leave food on my plate. Consequently, that is one of the reasons I'm overweight. I'll shut up now.
- —Guest 47P5U74yWMV
- Thanks! I like to try new foods, depending on the food. However, I have drawn the line tohugh on new animals. I will not add any new animals to my repertoire. As of now I only eat Salmon or beef, and if I'm feeling really naughty, bacon. LOL
- —Guest rA9bmUPZc
Celery w/Peanut Butter or Pimento Cheese
- Clean and cut fresh celery, dry it (or allow it to dry), and then add your peanut butter or pimento cheese spread.
I can't eat pimentos right now, but I used to love it.
- I never snack - really! The meals i make, mostly fruit and vegetables, last a long time and I honestly don't want anything else.
- —Guest Mary Fisher
- Chocolate rice cakes with peanut butter... Mmmmmmmm
- —Guest Esther
- I have a real love of vinegary goodness. One of my fav snacks as a kid (and now) is sliced cucumber with white vinegar and then sprinkled with salt/pep/garlic. Like a fresh pickle. Yummers.
- —Guest silkguitar
Peanuts and Fruit!
- Boiled/Steamed nuts and the typical fruit (banana, apple, and grapes). I like the salted nuts too, but the boiled/steamed ones are healthier, and tastier as well, in my opinion.
- —Guest Elfriede
- Right now at the office, just peanuts and raisins...pretty good.
- —Guest Tolitha Writhe
- I like my mom's homemade granola mix and the all natural Heathy Valley granola bars
- —Guest samantha
- I enjoy fruit snacks. They have natural sugars and complex carbs. I use whatever is available. Today I'm having cantelope chunks with seedless red grapes.
- —Guest Kathleen Williams
Apple Pie Pita Sandwich
- Apple Pie Pita Sandwich
Makes four servings
My daughter created this yummy recipe when she was craving apple pie. We had no time to make a pie as we were rushing off to a ballet class, so we did the next best thing. We created these mini pockets infused with luscious cream cheese, apples, raisins and walnuts. The results were so delicious that we made a bunch and brought them to her class where they were devoured and now are a staple. If you are in a nut free environment simply leave out the walnuts and you can add a little bit of flax seeds for a little crunch and dose of omega threes.
¼ cup of cream cheese
2 teaspoon chopped walnuts
4 tablespoon chopped apple
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 mini whole-wheat pitas
1. Mix cream cheese, walnuts, apple and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Stuff the resulting mixture into the pitas.
3. Yes, it’s that simple!
- —Guest Dawn Lerman
Favorite Healthy Snack
- Berries...especially any fresh, ripe, wild picked berries...blackberries, huckleberries, salmonberries, salal berries, red caps, wild strawberries, raspberries and Blueberries...Mmmmmmm...
- —Guest Debbi
- Hi everyone!
As a current Health & Nutrition student in the Netherlands. I'd like to share my healthy snack with you guys.
My favorite is plain yoghurt with muesli (without any added sugars) and fresh fruits, like strawberries, blueberries or pineapple. It's a perfect combination of protein (the yoghurt) and carbs (the muesli and fruits).
Delicious and healthy - what else do you want??
- —Guest Marlou
- My favorite snack is a handful of raw cashews. Yum!
- —Guest Debra
An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!
- My favorite snack is an apple ( I eat an apple every day between lunch and dinner meal).
- —Guest Maroun