Almost everybody likes to eat a snack now and then. When you eat healthy snacks
, you can add great nutrition to your diet and fend off the hunger pangs until dinner. The best snacks are low in calories, but high in fiber and other nutrients. Add a bit of protein to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. What's your favorite healthy snack?
Peanuts and Fruit!
- Boiled/Steamed nuts and the typical fruit (banana, apple, and grapes). I like the salted nuts too, but the boiled/steamed ones are healthier, and tastier as well, in my opinion.
- —Guest Elfriede
- Right now at the office, just peanuts and raisins...pretty good.
- —Guest Tolitha Writhe
- I like my mom's homemade granola mix and the all natural Heathy Valley granola bars
- —Guest samantha
- I enjoy fruit snacks. They have natural sugars and complex carbs. I use whatever is available. Today I'm having cantelope chunks with seedless red grapes.
- —Guest Kathleen Williams
Apple Pie Pita Sandwich
- Apple Pie Pita Sandwich
Makes four servings
My daughter created this yummy recipe when she was craving apple pie. We had no time to make a pie as we were rushing off to a ballet class, so we did the next best thing. We created these mini pockets infused with luscious cream cheese, apples, raisins and walnuts. The results were so delicious that we made a bunch and brought them to her class where they were devoured and now are a staple. If you are in a nut free environment simply leave out the walnuts and you can add a little bit of flax seeds for a little crunch and dose of omega threes.
¼ cup of cream cheese
2 teaspoon chopped walnuts
4 tablespoon chopped apple
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 mini whole-wheat pitas
1. Mix cream cheese, walnuts, apple and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Stuff the resulting mixture into the pitas.
3. Yes, it’s that simple!
- —Guest Dawn Lerman
Favorite Healthy Snack
- Berries...especially any fresh, ripe, wild picked berries...blackberries, huckleberries, salmonberries, salal berries, red caps, wild strawberries, raspberries and Blueberries...Mmmmmmm...
- —Guest Debbi
- Hi everyone!
As a current Health & Nutrition student in the Netherlands. I'd like to share my healthy snack with you guys.
My favorite is plain yoghurt with muesli (without any added sugars) and fresh fruits, like strawberries, blueberries or pineapple. It's a perfect combination of protein (the yoghurt) and carbs (the muesli and fruits).
Delicious and healthy - what else do you want??
- —Guest Marlou
- My favorite snack is a handful of raw cashews. Yum!
- —Guest Debra
An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!
- My favorite snack is an apple ( I eat an apple every day between lunch and dinner meal).
- —Guest Maroun
- I get my pickles from Sam's Club and I buy Wiejske Wyroby Petite Dills. They do not have any carbs or calories, just 200mg of sodium, which isn't great, but still a nice snack.
- —Guest Alisha
- I love sugar snap peas! Crunchy and sweet, also filling, really you can't ask for more then that from a snack!
- —Guest Jacki
- I love organic celery with lemon hummus made by Cedars brand. Whole Foods make a fabulous Garlicly Kale. I made my own version and I am snacking on it as I type. Fabulous!
- —Guest Cecilia
- Semi-sweet chocolate, it has less fat than dark chocolate and is good for you! Beat that!
- —Guest Thomas
- I take biscuits,sausage rolls and sometimes groundnuts as my snacks.
A Little Extra
- My favourite snack would be low-fat yoghurt with a sprinkling of this stuff called LSA - Linseed, Sunflower seed and Almond meal. It tastes great, and keeps you going!
- —Guest Samantha