So what can you do to have a quick and healthy breakfast? Have some foods ready to go. You can prepare some hard-boiled eggs and whole grain muffins, then store them in the refrigerator. Perfect for a grab 'n go breakfast. Keep cold cereals on hand. If you choose healthy breakfast cereals, you'll start the day with good nutrition.
Share your tips for eating a quick and healthy breakfast. Share Your Idea
- I do like the ones above but think they're way too slow for my average day. I eat very light toast with a bit more butter than anyone else would... :)
- —Guest Hades
My Healthy Lifestyle
- I start by eating a small bowl of cereal. but that doesnt always fill me, so i wait a while because I dont feel all that hungry. Then later on, I eat a snack and then even later I eat lunch. Thats how I roll! Just kidding, I'm a student in grade 7 but I always eat breakfast - I dont care about what people think of me, I'm proud to be myself!
- —Guest Trinity Bourassa
- Breakfast is a modern convention. Three meals a day is a modern convention. In ancient times we ate when we could. In mediaeval times one broke one's fast (= breakfast) at about noon then had another meal later in the day or evening. That too was a convention, none of those is 'right' or 'wrong' - just a sign of the times. We don't eat a 'cooked' breakfast unless it's toast, which we have on Sundays. Otherwise I have pineapple or melon, Spouse has the same and a bowl of muesli. I prefer mine, he prefers his. Neither of us enjoys food if it's eaten quickly, we like to relish and enjoy every (small) mouthful. The same applies to all meals, I put a lot of thought and effort into making everything, bolting it would be insulting to me and the producers of the raw ingredients - and animals if they're involved. Although we have hens we rarely eat eggs and only at Easter for breakfast. Coffee is a ritual, once a day and looked forward to. Very weak China tea is our usual drink.
- —Guest Oldhenwife
Oatmeal For A Early Riser
- For years, I usually get up around 6:00am and to last until lunchtime, I always eat a big bowl of oatmeal. I mix a cup of oatmeal with either water, soy milk, non-fat milk, or orange juice. I also add 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of sugar when mixed with water. It takes 5-7 minutes in the microwave to prepare. I then cut up a banana and then add 4 tablespoons of either blueberries or cut up mangos (Trader Joes sells these). I then mix everything. This good tasting healthy breakfast lasts 5-6 hours before I get hungry again.
It's So Simple
- Smoothies, they are delicious and nutritious. Go ahead and put some fruit in, or even vegetables. Whatever you want.
Healthy Food Defeats Diabetes
- Since being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I have begun to eat much better. My numbers are now into the normal range. For breakfast, I usually have two fried eggs on a slice of high-fiber whole grain bread, plus 1/2 cup berries and a cup of coffee rounds it out. The weight drops off effortlessly when carbs are severely restricted!
- —Guest Mary
- Saying people "need" to eat breakfast is like saying people "need" to drink coffee in the morning. When you use stimulants all the time, then your body "needs" stimulants, and when you eat meals all the time your body "needs" meals all the time, including breakfast. However, once you stop eating breakfast and lunch your body stops being depending on food in your stomach and learns to use fat stores. I eat less than once a day, fasting on some days, and I feel great, weight loss is effortless, and I set PRs in the gym all the time, even when my last meal was 48 hours prior. Eating frequently is a waste of time an create an unhealthy dependence on having food in your stomach all the time.
- —Guest Fasted
Not For Everybody
- This does not apply to everybody. Some people have a constitution where the diegestive juices are very weak in the mornings ("Kapha" constitution according to Ayurveda.) If such people eat breakfast the food will ferment in the stomach causing bloating and accumulation of toxins as no digestion is taking place due to weak digestive enzymes. Such people should skip breakfast and ensure lunch is their most important meal of the day. Eating breakfast can be quite detrimental for some constitutions.
- —Guest Hasanthi
Replace Milk with Yogurt
- Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day - and the most important. I do sometimes struggle though as I'm not a huge fan of milk on cereal. However there is a brilliant substitute in the form of Activia Pouring Yogurt. It comes in 3 flavours and contains only 2% fat. It's super-tasty and great on any cereal, porridge or as part of a smoothie or fruit salad. It's completely transformed breakfast for me and my family.
- I have a healthy breakfast actually, beans and bread or omelet. A mug of tea with milk this really gives me energy the whole day long, makes me feel fresh. Try it!
- —Guest Asmaa
- I add canned pumpkin and cinnamon to my oatmeal, so with some sweetener it tastes like pumpkin pie!
- —Guest Lisa
Come On, People
- There is no being in hurry. I am student and my school day starts at 8 AM and I have to use trolleybus and go by 40 minutes - but still I could eat normally. I make a sandwich on the previous day ready to be warmed and I also make some cucumber salad and put it in sandwich . I am energized the whole day.
- —Guest egert
A Good Investment
- Breakfast is a good investment. By recharging your brain and your body, you'll be more efficient in just about everything you do. Interestingly, studies show that kids who skip breakfast are tardy and absent from school more often than children who eat breakfast on a regular basis. Try also organic food breakfast.
- —Guest Oragnic Food
Bread for Breakfast
- I have to have bread for breakfast otherwise I won't feel satisfied. I should just try eating healthier breads maybe...Of course with a good cup of coffee (with or without milk)and voila, simple and perfect!
- —Guest Ines
Gayle's Greatest Breakfast
- One bowl of rice krispy treats, one banana, and a packet of Sweet and Low with decaffeinated coffee. Please try - it its a great way to start your day!
- —Guest gayle