Definition: Any prepared food that is low in nutritional value and usually high in fat, sugar and sodium. Junk foods may be found in grocery stores, convenience stores and restaurants -- especially in fast food restaurants.
Junk foods may include sweets (like candy, cookies, pastries), fried foods (like French fries, corn dogs and microwaveable snack foods), and any fast foods made with poor quality ingredients.
- What are Processed Foods?
- Why Do I Crave Sugar When I'm Not Even Hungry?
- Ten Reasons to Eat a Healthful Balanced Diet
- Government Shutdown, Nutrition Programs and Food Deserts
- Moderation – When Eating Something Bad is Actually Good